So if everyone lived my lifestyle, we would require 3.12 Earths to survive. When I see this I am very surprised, I mean my family and I make a conscience effort to lower our ecological footprint, whether it be driving less, recycling glass and plastic, and even buying recycled clothes. If my ecological footprint is a surprising 3.12 I can't even believe what the footprint for people who live in the bay or major cities is like. I guess my family and I haven't been trying hard enough to lower our footprint. Of course looking back on it the constant driving back and forth from school probably doesn't help, given that I live about a mile away from Alta (that's way up in the hills for those of you who don't know). However, several friends and I are moving into a house which is much, much closer to school. We will also be carpooling more often. This will take at least two cars off the road, it's not much but it's a start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3.12 earths is pretty good, carpooling is a good idea too. Try to keep it up when you move into your new house.
ReplyDeleteWow 3.12 earths that's better than I did and I thought I was fairly environmentally conscious. Alta? You're right I don't know where that is, but I live in Wheatland(noone knows where that is either) and it's a pretty far commute also. Your carpooling idea is a good one tho. Keep up the good work! :)
ReplyDelete