Gary Noy was an informational speaker. And to be honest I didn't have much interest in his topic when he first started speaking. I've lived around the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range my entire life. I've hiked, camped, biked, swam, and even written several papers about this mountain range. So when Mr. Noy came into class I didn't think he could have much to entice me. However, I was wrong. The simple fact that the mountain range has about 3500 different species of plants was completely unknown to me. The information about how people would sell Sierra Nevada ice was also unknown to me.
One thing that really struck me as interesting was how the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range has influenced the rest of the world. The comment about how the Chinese would order ice from the Sierra Nevada Range really showed me how far the influence of the mountain range can reach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment