Sunday, February 22, 2009

Toxins and You!

Before I start I would like to comment about human nature. Humans have a tendency to not do anything about something (namely toxins in the environment) until it threatens our lives. This can be seen with the toxins in our environment. We won't recognize or refuse to recognize the toxins until they are threatening our lives.
Now something should definitely be done about the mining wastes. The question is; How long can we let it go? Until the eco-system becomes sick? Until the animals slowly poison themselves and die? The answer is that the wastes need to be taken out, now. But how will we dispose of the waste? Put it in another landfill? We need to find a way to safely dispose of the waste or maybe find a way to convert it to another use.
Now toxins are constantly being added to our environment and also the world. The solution to this is the same as any other anti-global warming technique. Cut back on driving, green-living, etc. Or perhaps find less damaging ways to mine or acquire resources.

3 comments:

  1. This is very true humans dont care about the little problems until they affect them. I know that I didnt realize how bad toxins were. I think that people aren't infromed enough about toxins. We need to tell people how they affect us an get it out there. Then mabye we can start taking actions when we get more support from people to clean up. Yes the mining waste does need to get cleaned up. Ya I dont know how to fix the problem. We cant just bury the waste becasue that is only a temporary plan. We need a permanent solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you wrote 100%!!! It is true, how far are we going to let this go? We need to inform people of the affects that these mining toxins have. As Christina stated, We need a permanent soulution. We need an action plan. Something has to be done now before it becomes to late!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, something needs to be done right now and we should no longer wait for the effects to start happening. I also support that a safer way needs to be found in order to dispose of the waste removed.

    ReplyDelete